Thursday, October 1, 2009

Leaving Dow

I've got to say, it isn't what I expected... leaving Dow that is. I'm not sure what I expected. A mixed response, more silence, maybe a few weird looks. I knew our friends would be positive, but I never expected the random emails, phone calls, and people dropping in to tell me how excited they are for us. It's almost like this is the first good news they've head in a year and we're benefiting from their pent up good nature. I honestly haven't heard a single negative thing.

So yes, tommorow is our last day. I've got a lot of stuff to do. Mandy has been slowly emptying her office over the last week whereas I have not moved a single paper. I'm determined to do usefull work until my last day and then throw everything in the trash/car like a mad-man and drive away.

In case you haven't had a chance to talk to us, we are leaving Dow on Oct. 2nd, flying to Chicago on Nov 2nd, and after a few shots flying to Kenya on Nov 4th. Between now and then will be a lot of moving and traveling to visit family & friends. If you'd like to be on that like list of friends/family we visit shoot me an email or call my cell and we'll try and get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment