Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Quick Update

Hey hey hey,

Just wanted to give a quick update. I'm sitting in a nice tourist hostel in Kampala (Uganda's Capital) enjoying our vacation from school. The last two days we were in Jinja, Uganda. Jinja is on the mouth of the Victoria Nile river and is touted as the begining of the Nile river. We went rafting two days ago on some awesome rapids and went bungee jumping into the river this morning. We're now hanging out getting a flavor of Kampala, but I can tell it won't be enough. The city is huge and is supposed to be quite safe. Especially when compared to Nairobi.

Anyways, I'll write more later and most pictures.
Jon

3 comments:

  1. Hope all is going well. Sounds like it is! I send all my love and blessings to you both. Miss you terribly, but look foward to all the pictures and stories you will have to tell. Love Mama Kim. Dad, Tigger and Pooh send love as do Cooper and Abby Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,are you willing to help me, a graduate student in University of Minnesota, understand the electrical needs of the people in Kenya?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jon and Amanda,

    It's been forever but I am preparing your care package. The limit is 4 pounds. Sooooo... Let me know what are your top priority wishes and I will send. Taco bell hot sauce packets? Ha! Still want baking chocolate. Do some serious thinking and let me know. Dow is the same. You're missing nothing. We wait for your return. Until then, enjoy your travels. Tickner

    ReplyDelete