Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Today is turkey day! I'm so pumped. We're all getting together to celebrate, cook turkey, play games, and even do a crude re-enactment of the first thanksgiving for our Kenyan Teachers. I decided to attempt to make brownies for the occasion, but it's going to prove to be a challenge without either cocoa or vanilla. I experimented yesterday using Cadbury Hot Chocolate mix and it turned out pretty good! Now I just have to repeat on a large scale for about 30 people. J

We're also going to play ultimate Frisbee, soccer, and volleyball… in Jeans. We are excited to wear jeans.

Other updates: Mandy is still "rocking" the language scene. So much so that she's getting transferred to a faster paced language group next week. This means that in the mornings Mandy will need to walk to a different house to have morning Kiswahili lessons instead of staying at our house for lessons. I'm still staying at the house with my friend Bryan and our trainer Emily. Our group was pretty awesome, so we're sad to lose Mandy. For me the language is starting to slow down. We've learned most of the high frequency words like "to want, like, need, good, bad" etc so that our improvement isn't as dramatic as before.

I promise… pictures will come. J

No comments:

Post a Comment