Sunday, November 1, 2009

Heavy Lifting and Vanishing Phones

Staging Begins Tomorrow

It’s Sunday night at 8pm. Tomorrow morning at 2am we have to wake up and drive to Grand Rapids to catch our flight to Philadelphia. We’ll probably only get a few hours or sleep, but I have grand hopes of sleeping on the plane. We’ll see how that goes…

Okay, I should back up and update on our last preparation and mishaps. On Friday we ran several last minute errands before picking up the U-Haul in Bay City and meeting our friends for lunch. After lunch our friends proved their weight in gold by helping us move a 2 bedroom apartment down 2 flights of stairs into the U-haul. (Thank You!) It ended up taking longer than I hoped and rained the whole time. Apparently we own a lot more stuff than I thought we did. We filled the 14’ truck to the brim and had to end up tossing some stuff.

After dinner with our friends we drove through the storm to Holland and slept the night at my Parents house. In the morning we backed the truck up and started moving everything into my brother’s old bedroom. Surprisingly, unpacking the truck and moving it into the bedroom seemed to go pretty quickly. (Thanks Family!) We ended the day by riding to Battle Creek with R.J. and Kim. It was a very production few days.

Now for the mishap… a few hours ago I just checked my backpack for something and noticed that one of the nice cell phones was missing. We tore everything apart but had no luck. In fact, in the process I also noticed we are missing ALL the extra cell phone batteries, the USB sticks, and a phone/computer cable! It was extremely frustration and disappointing. I had a whole strategy on how we would have phones/internet in Kenya without electricity and now there is a big old dent in that plan. We still have one cell phone with a solar charger, but we’ll now have to be careful.

Here’s a few random pictures from out Family Travels

clip_image002

That’s Me, Mandy, Jenna (Niece), and my Uncle Tom’s pit-bull. Actually a very cute dog.

clip_image004

Look at that cute mug… he’s so cute.. oh yea and there’s Jessie too J -- Mandy’s sister.

clip_image006

There’s the other neice Ally and my beautiful wife Mandy. My hair is actually much shorter now.

1 comment:

  1. Cute pictures! I really miss you both! Hope to hear from you soon!Love you with all my heart MOM

    ReplyDelete